This 1 1/2 Ton, four wheel drive truck, was delivered to the Army in 1942. More than 100,000 trucks of this type were delivered to the
military between 1940 and 1945. It has an 83 horsepower Chevrolet engine and a governed speed of 48 mph.
All the Chevrolet trucks of this type were delivered with
the closed, civilian-type cab. They were manufactured with 3 wheelbases and more than a dozen body configurations.
This truck at one time was assigned to the 597th
Field Artillery Battalion, Service Battery. As a discharged veteran it served as a wrecker/tow truck for an auto repair shop in Julesburg, Colorado. The truck was restored by museum director