This scooter was designed for use by U.S. Army Airborne troops during WW2. Weighing about 255 pounds, this vehicle was designed to be
delivered by aircraft or dropped by parachute with paratroops. The vehicle has parachute attach rings and a rear pintle to allow it to pull a small trailer. It had a top speed of about 40
miles per hour. A total of 4,734 were built between 1942 and 1945. The scooter was designed and built by the Cushman Company of Lincoln, Nebraska. After the war it was marketed as the
Cushman Husky. This vehicle is on loan to the museum by Ray Mundell of Cozad, Nebraska.